Just sold some things on eBay, which I've been meaning to do forever. Two pairs of shoes I bought for $5 at Goodwill that, unfortunately, were half a size too small. half a size is apparently just enough to seem like they fit when you try them on in the store, but feel like hell when you try to actually wear them for more than 5 minutes. The Black Danskos sold, but the camel Cole Haans didn't, but I've got $60 more in my pocket than I did before. Success? I think so. Now I have enough cash to go buy the same Danskos in the right size.
| What can I say? I'm a sucker for old-lady shoes. These seemed like the perfect compromise of comfort/old lady-ness and style. |
The next thing I had been putting off was hemming pants. I have a problem finding pants that are the right length. Women's jeans and dress pants usually come with a standard 32" inseam, while Petite and short lengths are usually 28" or 29". I need 30". Since 90% of my clothing shopping is second hand, I find a lot of pants that are perfect, but I can only wear them with super mega heels due to the inseam. The low price justifies the purchase, even though wearing the pants is conditional upon whether or not I hem them. needless to say, I had lots of pants to hem. I have a sewing machine, but I'm definitely not the craftiest person, so I was hesitant and kept putting this off. I found this awesome tutorial for how to hem jeans and keep the bottom seam intact and tried it on a couple pairs. It worked great, and I even managed to use my newfound hemming confidence and motivation to mend a shirt of Corey's and hem a pair of his dress pants. I know it seems pretty mundane, but it was really nice to finally get around to something I've been meaning to do for a long time.
PS: Anybody interested in these?
| Cole Haan City Camel Heels |
No comments:
Post a Comment